Wednesday 28 June 2017

PhD after working 10 years in the Industry

Hi All,


Thanks for watching my first blog and visiting my page to see the updates.



Coming back to University after 10 years and living the dream:



I was working in Oil and Gas Industry for last 10 years and thought that I should accomplish my dream of getting prefix of Dr. behind my name. It is always said that there is no age for learning and accomplishing your dreams. I am experiencing it and really enjoying it. I would like to say that with this industry experience I know what end result we are willing to have from my PhD; which most of the fresh graduates lack, so now I know my destination its all about finding different ways to get there. 



Wrong conceptions about PhD:


Before joining as PhD fellow at Aalborg University through INFRASTAR a European Marie Skłodowska-Curie program, which is an esteemed position to enter as an ESR (early stage researcher). PhD is complete secret work and I should not share my work with anyone; however I got trained on various platforms about sharing and publishing the work I am doing. And blogging is one of the way of sharing about my topics of the work. Off-course we don't share our complete idea but we share main themes and directions of our work. Also I learned a lot about open sources and importance of the same for new researchers. 


A brief about INFRASTAR:



INFRASTAR (Innovation and Networking for Fatigue and Reliability Analysis of Structures - Training for Assessment of Risk) is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie program under which we are 12 early stage researchers representing 10 countries located in 8 different cities of 5 countries with strong network. Every one is best suited to his role as an ESR and have great diversity in thoughts because of which I think we would cover a wide range of science and research area within INFRASTAR.



Special Session for INFRASTAR at IALCCE at Ghent University Belgium



INFRASTAR got opportunity to present the research work at IALCCE.





Keep watching my blog for further updates on new publications and further work.



Thanks



Stay tuned on INFRASTAR


1 comment:

My travel in during PhD under The Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA), Horizon 2020

The basic idea behind this Marie Skłodowska-Curie funding for ITN projects is they employ a foreign researcher and have international co...